Tuesday, November 6, 2007

fleegle's Yarnival

Yarnival is, for want of a better description, a floating magazine. Originated by Eve at The Needle Exchange, it is hosted and posted once a month by different guest editors. Each Issue is composed of editorial bits that stitch together cool, diverse blog post submissions. Yarnvals are fun to browse and will introduce you to new blogs and fresh ideas--good for both instruction and entertainment.

You can google Yarnival, or browse through a few back issues such as these:

The Very First Yarnival
January, 15 2007 Yarnival
May 15, 2007 Yarnival

As you might suspect (if you've read this far) fleegle will be hosting Yarnival for the month of January, 08. And she is groveling for submissions to make this issue an unforgettable experience that thousands will cherish for years to come. (I have a bit of over-achiever in me somewhere...)

So what I would like all you lovely readers to do is submit links to nifty, interesting, clever, hilarious, and unique blog posts so my Yarnival will have some interesting, clever, hilarious, and unique content (besides my pithy and elegant editorializing, that is). Swooningly beautiful is good, too.

To submit, go to this address...

http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_417.html

...and just fill in the blanks. It will only take a few minutes and is really painless. Honest.

Many Yarnivals have themes (Valentine's Day Knitting, Sock Knitting, etc)., but I couldn't think of any dazzling themic concept. Do keep the submissions yarn-esque, with an emphasis on (surprise!) knitting.

Thanks!

7 comments:

Batty said...

Oooh, this sounds like fun! Will have to think about it a bit, but I hope I come up with something good.

LittleBerry said...

never come across these before.... will have a think and see if I can find anything...

btw after weekend I will make sure I have a plethora of photos for you to make up for the photoless post ;o)

KnitYoga said...

How exciting and what a great idea, too! Will give it some thought and then make a submission.

Laura said...

You'll have a great time hosting your issue of Yarnival! I sure did. Thanks for the link. ;-)

Experimental Knitter said...

Does a cast-on tutorial count? How about a cast-on tutorial for lefties? Just LMK. I'm the only person I know who actually uses the Guernsey cast-on and I have yet to make a Guernsey.

Lacefreak said...

How interesting! I had never heard of it before this. I look forward to seeing the January 2008 issue since you will host with your usual aplomb!

Anonymous said...

I'm at a loss. The best I can offer are sock hunts. lol